The deadline to apply for the trail marker positions is tomorrow January 17th, 2019.
The Nain Inuit Community Government is initially looking to hire four people to mark the trail between the communities of Nain and Natuashish.
And they are looking to hire two people to maintain the trail and four people to gather the markers once the season is over.
Job requirements are:
- Applicants must have extensive knowledge of the land and sea ice between Nain and Natuashish
- Must be reliable
- Must own a Kamutik and a snowmobile in good working order with provisions to mount a 12-volt adaptor for GPS
- Prepare and paint markers
- Make storage boxes for safety equipment
- Place markers on trail
- Make weekly inspection of the trail and replace markers if necessary
- Provide weekly written reports to the Nain Inuit Community government
Rate of pay is $15.50 per hour plus $50 per day for rental of snowmobile and Kamutik.
If required, an extra $20 for snowmobile/Kamutik rental if overnight trip.
Interested applicants can apply in writing to the town manager on or before January 17th, 2019.