On Wednesday, September 7, the 2022-23 school year will resume for K-12 students in Newfoundland and Labrador.
After three school years spent under the COVID-19 pandemic, the priority for this school year will be to maintain in-person learning.
Students, teachers and staff should expect schools to reopen under the same conditions as when classes ended in June 2022:
• Masks continue to be recommended in schools.
• Students, teachers and staff should stay home if they become sick. However, people with COVID-19 symptoms related to other known causes (e.g runny nose due to allergies or lingering cough from prior illness) can still attend.
• All students, teachers and staff should stay up-to-date on their vaccinations.
• Parents, especially of kindergarten students, should ensure their children start the vaccinations process as soon as possible.
• All classrooms and most common areas in schools throughout the province have air filtration and purification systems which were installed last year.
• Junior high and high school students will continue to have access to Chromebook devices.