OK conduct polls for upcoming MHA elections

It’s Election Day, Thursday, May 16 for the MHA for the Torngat Mountains District.

Ok radio wanted to find out who will be going to the polls to cast their vote in their respective communities.

So we called at least six people at random from the phonebook in each community to find out if they are going to vote.

Here are the results we found:

In Nain, 87.5% said they will vote, 2.5% said they will not vote, and 10% said they were unsure.

75% of the people who said they were going to vote said that they were going to vote PC, 10% said they were voting Liberal and the other 15% said they were undecided.

Out of the People we contacted in Natuashish, 90% said they were they were voting and 10% said they were not going to vote.

50% of the people who said they were going to vote said that they were going to vote for Liberal and the other 50% said they were undecided.

And in Hopedale: 75% will go out to vote, 12.5% say they will not go to the polls, and 12.5% were unsure.

50% of the voters that said they were going to vote said they were going to vote Liberal, 25% said they were voting PC and the other 25% were undecided.

We also contacted residents in Postville, where 100% of the people we contacted will head to the polls Thursday.
66.7% of the voters will be voting PC while the other 33.3% said they were undecided.

Out of the people we called in Makkovik, 100% of the people we contacted said they are going to vote.

50% of the people said they were going to vote PC, 25% said Liberal and the other 25% said they were undecided.

All Rigolet residents we contacted will also hit the polls: 100% said they will vote but were all undecided.

These numbers are of the people we could get in contact with and here are the overall percentages:

77.27% percentage said that they were voting and the other 22.73% were undecided or isn’t going to vote.

15.91% said they were voting Liberal.

31.82% said they were voting PC.

The other 52.27% said they were undecided and or didn’t want to say.

Just a little note: that we contacted everyone during the day so we were guessing not much were answering their phones because they were gone off or working.

OK would like to thank everyone who did participant.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Security Test *