Labrador-Grenfell Health is advising the public that patients who are expecting a baby may have one partner/support person present during labour and delivery.
The individual may stay with the mother and baby until the time of discharge.
The support person:
· Must pass COVID-19 screening;
· Must wear a mask at all times; and
· Should come prepared with supplies for the duration of their stay.
And If the partner/support person leaves the facility prior to discharge, they will not be permitted to return.
If the support person is a traveler, rotational working or someone on mandatory isolation, please contact the unit to discuss:
· Labrador West Health Centre – (709) 285-8249
· Labrador Health Centre – (709) 897-2210
· Charles S. Curtis Memorial Hospital – (709) 454-3333 ext. 7157
COVID-19 restrictions are in place at all Labrador-Grenfell Health facilities to protect the safety of our patients, residents and staff.
We would like to thank the public for their understanding and cooperation during this time.
For more information about COVID-19 can be found on the province of Newfoundland and Labrador’s website www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19 and on the Labrador-Grenfell Health webpage www.lghealth.ca/covid-19.